Monday, December 16, 2013

Soojin Speaks About Sooyoung in Interview for ‘Le Passe Muraille’ Musical

soojinmusical


Choi Soojin, Sooyoung’s sister, was recently interviewed for “Le Passe Muraille”, or “The Man Who Walked Through Walls” a musical in which she plays the role of Isabelle.

- What did your sister, Sooyoung (Girls’ Generation), say about your acting as Isabelle?
Soojin: Sooyoung never complimented me until now. All she would say is ‘Good work unnie.’ If I asked, ‘How was this scene?’, she used tell me things I needed to improve on. Truthfully, I knew about those points from ratings by the audience or criticism from the director.
So I was never hurt by my sister (translator’s note: by her lack of compliments). Rather than feeling saddened with the thought of ‘Why won’t she ever say good things for me’, I thought, ‘I probably got criticized on the same points.’ However, this time, she complimented me a lot by saying, ‘The first verse was good’, or ‘Your diction was clear’, so it was a new feeling.
- You teared up during your video message to your sister in ‘Midnight TV Entertainment’.
Soojin: Sooyoung was also surprised and asked me ‘Why did you cry?’ It was odd that she was surprised. Don’t you usually get emotional when you talk about your family? I missed her, and so I got emotional. Starting from a young age, she didn’t come home often because she was an idol. I have a heartbreaking emotion for her because I often watched her from behind.
- Please say anything you want to tell Sooyoung through this interview.
Soojin: My sister was sick with swollen tonsils. A lot of people will love the new album, so I wish she’d wait for the fans reactions with an excited mind rather than a nervous one. It is my wish as an older sister that she’d return to her original resolution (translator’s note: her mental state from her debut days) and gain strength from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment